Water Conservation At Home
After heating and cooling, water heating is the largest energy consuming category in most single family homes. At EcoCraft we attack this issue from all aspects.
- We design the most effiecient plumbing layout at for your home, drastically reducing the amount of piping, water, and transmission losses.
- Then we install manifolds with hot water recirculation lines to reduce both wasted energy and wasted water.
- Third we install the most efficient instaneuous, heat pump, and solar thermal water heaters to deliver the most heat for the least cost.
- Finally we install aerators on our faucets to reduce overall water use
Water Efficiency In Mind
Water is Earth’s most precious resource, and as our population grows, reserves continue to diminish. We believe that it is our responsibility to conserve and reuse water without sacrificing the comforts and amenities home buyers have come to expect.
Our homes feature a wide array of water-efficient technologies that can reduce consumption for a family of four by over 10,000 gallons every year. By combining super efficient tankless water heaters with WaterSense high performance faucets and shower heads, we not only conserve water but also reduce hot water costs by as much as 50%.
- Super Efficient Tankless Waterheaters
- Kohler watersense showerheads
- Rain barrel collection systems
- Weather Sensing Irrigation
- Kohler watersense faucets
- Dual Flush Toilets
EcoCraft Homes sustainable building approach includes water conserving technologies approved by WaterSense. WaterSense is the standard label that assists people in selecting water saving products both indoors and out. Products bearing the WaterSense label have been independently certified to perform well; help save water, energy, and money; and and encourage innovation in manufacturing.
This partnership with manufacturers, retailers and distributors, as well as utility companies brings WaterSense labeled products to the marketplace and makes it easy to purchase high-performing, water-efficient products. WaterSense also partners with professional certifying organizations to promote water–efficient landscape irrigation practices. EcoCraft Homes is proud to be a Watersense certified custom home builder.
Rainwater Collection System
Built by EcoCraft Homes, both the Phipps Conservatory SEED Classroom and the Homewood solar-powered greenhouse in Pittsburgh use a rainwater collection and purification system that employs a series of ultraviolet light, filters, and pumps to make the water safe.
In the SEED classroom at Phipps, all water needs of the classroom are met from rooftop rainwater that is collected in a primary interior cistern and secondary exterior cistern. Gauges and a digital monitor allow students to track rainwater collection and use.
In the Homewood greenhouse, the water collected in 1,200 and 500-gallon cisterns is used for the revolutionary agricultural technology called aquaponics where plants are combined with aquatic life to create a sustainable, diverse system of food growth and cultivation.